Priming your brain to help it work well for your busy day ahead starts with
1. Doing some physical exercise. Yep, time to get the exercise gear on and the trainers and head out the door for 20-30 minutes of aerobic activity (your choice of which). This can be anything that gets your heart rate up and makes you puff a little. It stimulates the release of neurochemicals that get your neurons ready to learn more, remember better and stay in good shape.
2. Wake up your brain with a short meditation practice. Meditation is falling awake not asleep. This hones your attention, clarifies your thinking, and calms your brain down into an optimal performance zone.
3. Nourish your body. Breaking your fast after the long night is essential for best brain performance as your neurons rely on nutrients delivered by your blood stream: whole grains, eggs, fruit and yoghurt are all excellent fuel sources for you hungry brain
4. Hydrate your body. We are predominantly water. Have a glass of water on waking and a cup of your favourite beverage with breakfast. Neurons need hydration for best performance
5. Be grateful for what the day may bring. Gratitude opens your mind to opportunity, to solutions, to creativity and joy.
It’s all about getting brain fit!
Happy Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
Photo Credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/22457049@N03/2509676868/